The Heart and Soul Behind The Musician: Sonny Weeks



When I decided to Open Stilettos Fine Arts Studio, I knew that I wanted it to be more than just your typical art gallery.  I wanted a place that combined music with art. A place that will bring all sorts of artisans together with the community.  I wanted to do something different....


I knew this would not be possible on my own. So I reached out to a personal friend, musician, and all around great person to see if he knew of any musicians that would be interested in participating.  What happened after that amazed me.  He did more than give me a few names of musicians... he volunteered to help... he offered to play my first show.... he reached out to local musicians and got them on board.  Why would he do this you might ask?  Because Sonny Weeks is more than just a musician.  He has a true artistic soul. He appreciates the things in life that money can't buy.... he wants to help other musicians and artists do what they love and enrich others lives.  There is a heart and soul to this man that goes far beyind the music.



Who is Sonny Weeks?... some of you might ask.  He is a local singer song writer to the Binghamton area.  Sonny gained alot of local success playing with the band Wreckless Marci.  Wreckless Marci is a cover band that takes it far beyond what the average cover band does.   They make the music their own and honestly have a huge following.  In addition to Wreckless, Sonny is currently working on developing a new band with other local artists called VAPE.  VAPE plays original music and is going to blow us all away with the level of talent that band posesses.  And finally, Sonny is a masterful song writer... a true poet with music and words.




On the outside... this is who Sonny Week is.  This is who the public sees.  But there is so much more than meets the eye. I've been lucky enough to see far beyond the front man and to catch a glimpse of the true heart and soul of this man that I am proud to call friend.  Sonny gives of himself, contributes his time to local charities or events. He puts his heart and soul into everything he does.  He's a real friend, loves his family and his extended family. He has a soft spot for kids and truly wants to just make a difference in peoples lives.  His heart is as big as his soul.  His creativity is boundless. His passion for what he does is contageous.  He has a gift, and he shares it with the world.





For these reasons and so many more, I am proud to support Sonny as Stilettos first musician for April... well and March.  He will be playing his original accoustic music at our opening Gallery Night Exhibit on Thursday April 7th.  Look for more info about the event soon, and if you get a chance to see him play... by all means do.  You will have the time of your life.  And thank you Sonny Weeks for being you and for believing is my vision.

Comments

  1. I am proud to call this guy my only brother. His story is one that encompasses overcoming obstacles and is nothing short of beauty coming from ashes. Storyteller, selfless giver of all things good, thoughtful and authentic-never fearing to be rejected for who he is, my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud to call this guy my only brother. His story is one that encompasses overcoming obstacles and is nothing short of beauty coming from ashes. Storyteller, selfless giver of all things good, thoughtful and authentic-never fearing to be rejected for who he is, my hero.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment