Meet the Artist: The Drunken Pirate- Jason Terwilliger.... Creativity.... With a Shot of Rum








Sometimes in life you just stumble upon great people. This is how I met Jason Terwilliger... and I'm a big believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason.  Some things in life are just destined, and Jason and I were meant to cross paths.

Jason is Stilettos Fine Arts Studio's artist for April.  I have to admit that he is by far one of my personal favorites.  You may ask why... well let me tell you a story.  


I've met a lot of artists over the years... I've seen an abundance of beautiful artwork.  Every once in a while you come across particular artist that makes you stop... and just look.  These artists have a way of taking a piece of their soul and sharing it with you in their artwork.  They make you feel.  At that one moment... the art takes on a life of its own.  It becomes a living breathing thing, and it speaks to you,  On a personal level, this is what Jason's art work does fro me.


But who is the man behind the art you may ask?  Until the last few months, Jason was the lead singer for a local band, Kickstart.  He is a great performer who puts his all into his music.  Although he is currently taking a break from his musical career to focus on his family... music will always be in his blood.  Jason is a good friend... a great man... a wonderful father.  He is passionate about his beliefs and stands up for what is right in the world.  His artistic side just shines from his soul... but you will never hear him brag about his abilities.  He is humble and genuine, a true gentleman and honestly an all around great guy.  Last but not least, Jason has recently come on board as one of Stiletto's art teachers.  He is my personal friend and I could not be happier.

I am proud to display his work at Stiletto's Opening Gallery Night Exhibit on April 7th.  I hope everyone comes and shows their support to The Drunken Pirate- Jason Terwilliger.  Thank you Jason for sharing a bit of yourself with the world.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts